Dow corrected its Wednesday closing reaction welcoming the taper and Indian markets will likely realise they had shorted the markets unnecessarily and move up with IT stocks back to 6180 levels on the last trading sessions of the week. That means bad news for Angel Broking as Ashwini with them, keep digging for lower levels and markets hold above that 6150 support and move back to 6200 levels.
IDFC and Reliance are special mentions in the Morning Report today. IDFC as ET and CNBC18 report struck the alarm bells when hitting 50% in Foreign holding took it out of the bank license race. It would be applying for bringing down the foreign holding limit to 49% from 54% now. The overall foreign holding limit will be bumped back if the Central Bank refuses them a bank licence
Reliance GAS price hike of $3-4 per MMBTU seemingly translates into a sub Re 1 increase in Power Tariffs(Tulsiyan, CNBC) while Reliance increases profits on its current 20 MMBTU production (CNBC) by INR 25 Bln but its production does not increase till FY20 materially and it will thus shuck out of the Winning XI again by next week. The Gas Price Hike was approved today allowing gas availability issues to recede from April 01, 2014
On the diplomatic front, I think serious gaps between diplomats have surfaced that take the India US relations South as the focus has shifted to getting the charges dropped. The US side will thus focus on legal issues as well, where probably the real issues of employing domestic help in the US within the Embassies should probably be addressed more in the ‘face saver’ agreement, wilfully skipped by both parties showing up both sides in the Foreign Services not being live to real issues in the quick and quiet undercurrents that matter so much
Powergrid says it will be worse off by just INR 1.6 Bln on new CERC availability regulations a very small road bloack and that gives us at least 3 sectors going strong apart from the ephemeral IT and the longer term moves into Energy and metals which should completely rule out any shorts on the Nifty which continue to ride December series. Pharma is good for immediate trades, as is FMCG including ITC available at trend lows at 310-12 and Bharti at 320 levels as well as Power which almost welcomes the hike in its Gas prices as that is definitely more realistic than the $4.20($7 incl taxes) rate expected per MMBTU in the MSAs esp at the GVK Hyderabad plant example which would also benefit from the Powergrid reconnection in the South.
The India Rupee has likely bottomed out again at INR 62.5 levels
- India Morning Report: Markets catch the flu , ‘one sneeze games’ continue (awardz.wordpress.com)
- Rupee up 39 paise after 3-day losses (thehindu.com)
- Rupee slips below 62, posts biggest weekly loss in five (thehindu.com)
- India seeks NRI flows for rupee defence, not sovereign bond (rediff.com)
- IDFC Sees Singh Giving Boost to Pre-Election Construction – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- India Morning Report: Icky Spider on the Wall, why is this the fairest of all? (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: The “growth-inflation dynamic” is getting flustered by the rates (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: Powergrid 75 Lac shares on offer, LIC and IDFC better picks (awardz.wordpress.com)