Don’t Flip the lid though. Markets are finally moving on last call on Expiry day, to close at 6100 in November but the standoff till yesterday taking deep positions at a sell from 6100-6000 may not transpire, the play being caught and a reaffirmation of positive moves from 6000 usually good to start the rally from 6000 levels.
Also, as we usually are easy to predict, Kotak Institutional picks and that of some network analysts are again the wrong crop and definitely not good for harvest. L&T a late harbinger , its results likely to lag India Inc general investment recovery ratheer than be a sign of the same.
Axis and Bajaj are good again though the banking sector must face a few questionable glances purely in market valuation terms as Tatas withdraw on the question of operating ompanies esp outside India not being allowed to make a banking company in the NOHFC guidelines. M&M also did not want to move around its Finance companies as posited in the new structure directive but the structure is sound and not getting the desired response again. Also the Foreign banks had to be given concessions despite which they are not responding to the RBI invitations
Bajaj is favored by the continuing robustness in Rural GDP even as a farmer suicide on the same Sugar support price highlights unevenness in the national picture between rural and urban areas. CV sales are down 20% affecting both NBFCs and Indusind, or the auto industry majors relying on the sector. Tata Motors ahas effectively exited the sector along with a dismal Nano launch in the retail segment
Yields keep dropping back from last week’s 9% levels , starting the day at 8.67% . Buy picks on the Power NBFCs are instead good to go, with REC and Powergrid both alternating strikes on the bulls sides IDFC will also see big buyers taking positions in the new series and the only thing stopping ICICI Bank at this point is the lack of Banks to short further with Banknifty keeping to 11200 levels albeit on expiry day
US Markets will stay out of action till Monday as Thanksgiving day is here and shopping season is seeing a lot of uptick with cheap iPhone offers
- India Morning Report: Nifty switches up range to 6100-6300, Is 6200 on the horizon (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: A post festival dawn, markets churning sector and memes (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: It’s a Eid Holiday! AAP votes and the beadth of career progression in India (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: No, yesterday’s mid-day rush was not enough!! (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: The “growth-inflation dynamic” is getting flustered by the rates (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: The mechanics of T-2 trading, USFDA, GMP withdrawal (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: So, what exactly is out of favor? (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: Record low PCRs mean a bottom at 6000 (awardz.wordpress.com)
- Running through the dark woods. (jon928.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: A little late and not better for it (awardz.wordpress.com)