The Goldman spiel actually are quite a Venus flytrap “MODI-fying” India targets to 6900 on the Nifty as it wanted. However, markets haven’t really closed around any specifics except the “Investment dozen” which could include ICICI Bank and YES with IDFC and ITC among others. however the morning rush of re open advertorials on the networks today, especially saw me frowning a lot at ASK’s shallow commentary on ETNow, and even Sukhani got caught in the vortex of sellling Tata Steel and /Buying Tata Motors ( ineffectual, near total failure in India) as SS tried to look for a deeper correction.
** The investment dozen is our(mine) selection and does not match the broker , Goldman Sachs as reported in TOI/ET/other Bennet coleman properties
On the other side, Cognizant results , till now shackled in their being listed in the US only, were being feted by the market’s unholy trinity in bull spats on the HCL Tech and even “Wipro” counters, showing the day had not only been bought in by the Bulls, the correction strategy was completed midway thru closing trades yesterday before 3 pm and the day is trending in the positive again. Apart from that trading hint, I also have to let you in on the secret that market volumes are still going to be building up till after the Superbowl in the US when all yearly earnings will be over and EM flows will be in focus again. However Q4 inflows will be dominated by Emerging Markets and China is in play again so India will get its due but nary else, romantic fund managers like PIMCO, the Fink or even George Soros being in short supply and having already decided on India a while ago in 2009. One ears Madison Square Garden is a little silent today but its a long way from being a new advertising strategy for Indiaphiles or Global market conversations involving authors. AMBIT is hardly a help , ET Now perhaps looks at shining at this plateau and ceding a little back to moneycontrol/CNBC18 again.
Metals are indeed in the bull ring and contrary to those still waiting for outperformance in results before the stock selection, the metal rush is on. India PMI and Services PMI crawled back to 47 levels this October and china again reported an expansion in the Economy. Singapore is doing well despite curb on overseas investments by Chinese dominating that flow.
New Banks will be a new story in this new year though most will be reusing attempted model plans from 1995, including rural distribution and Home finance or FX and structured Finance with increasing/exclusive attention on derivatives to spin risk into profit and out the door again for more business.
Sells on Bajaj Auto(Ashwini G) or Tata Steel(SS Investments/Trading) are contraindicated and those on failed PSU banks still accepting deposits and making credit a funny way to establish anyfaith in India stories. There are very few Bank of India stories out there
To reiterate this market was quite done with the correction at 6250, and seeing that it is flow led, it is likely to push forward faster and probably YES and IDFC are better single cash trading picks or Bajaj Auto and ICICI Bank or HDFC Bank pair trades. Bharti and ITC should be investment portfolio stories throughout the remaining December quarter and till June 2014
Petronet LNG(SS) and Tata Global(Trader20) seem to be good mid market picks though overall I maintain idcas will be ignored in this stock selection spree which will still see some victims . 300% Onion inflation is of course an election gimmick and stays one as monsoons create a win win for India Inc
- India Morning Report: Here comes 6000? and what the banks will do in 8.6% yield scenarios (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: Wish you a Happy Festive Season and a prosperous New Year (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: So, what exactly is out of favor? (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: A backward state card for Nomura, A Gross Margin push for Tata Steel (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: Unfolding Political Drama alienates Capital investment opportunities (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Bank Earnings: A 20% rise in revenues for ICICI Bank, Asset quality upside not enough (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report October 30, 2013: The Morning after and rush to exiry as Diwali weekend looms (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: Markets rest at new record levels, Banks catch fire (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: Dead cat bounce, Earnings rebound on the horizon, (awardz.wordpress.com)