With the Rajan effect crystallising over the India investor skies, a new definition of India’s winter seems to be up as global liquidity withdrawals accelerate availability of funds from the exodus fro US bonds and a small portion is likely to start trickling back sooner than one would think.
The earlier expected recovery cycle threw up banks, infracos (IDFC, Power NBFCs ), ITC, Bharti and Bajaj Auto and others in FMCG and Consumer Goods sectors and more or less they will make the bedrock of larger EM portfolios with or without MSCI index dependencies. Metals are good for this cycle and Tata Steel can still make it even if Global demand does not respond the way it is expected to recover in the end
Weightage maintenance is also in play and at 5600 levels that means sizable new buys fr funds that sold just a week back. The volatility till yesterdy will continue to affect timing of new investments and most invstors ahve oodles of time to play out their vaalue and growth leaders in the portfolio .
Now did I hear someone mention Rajan has to perform? Rajan would not be credited with bringing individual accountability to the RBI’s various senior officials but it is happening as we speak and Rajan hmself would know difficulties of thinking of implementing structural reform before May 14 decisions are out for India inc. The rajan effect itself was really areiteration of everyone’s agenda since 2000s , and the currency responding after controls on speculation were lifted is the unnoticed vote of confidence for India as a destination. ECB funding should be proceeding on A+ paper and equity QiPs
- India Morning Report: And after 5600, is 5500 ..then 5400, 5300, 5100, 4900, 4500, an on it goes pegging poor buyers.. (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: 5550 and nose down, Banks give up consolidation (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning report: This week in history of 2050: The sun rises on the east India Company in Asia (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: A dark light envelops India Markets as the longest tunnel is in play (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: So the markets can’t stand on ceremony for you~ (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: Rupee at 66, GDP Growth at 4% and Interest Rates at 9% (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: Markets out of short opportunities at 5350, Rupee actively down to 68.63 at open (awardz.wordpress.com)