Of course Banknifty still has another 1000 points to go but the ramp down in PSU banks comes at a price for ICICI Bank and HDFC Bank specifically and PNB’s rise similarly would cost the markets more understanding for the non performing PSU Bank portfolio that will also rise, PNB having no real score on NPL performance either, clubbed with the worst of n=”government owned banks” whose non reporting of NPLs in time earlier costs the Bank capitalisation a good 10% on more than 5% of the Loan portfolio having to be put to waste immediately.
Jubilant Foods has a short call on it finally even as Jet Airways continues its uptick and IDFC also corrects till policy execution calls die out or are converted by the government positing as always more on fare hikes which can be rolled back and diesel hikes that cannot be implemented from the looks of it. Add to that , traders and investors (foreign) would also like to see actual divestment in Hindustan Zinc and BALCO as Vedanta has already made a good offer for the residual stake and legal issues bogging down this government would not be easily tolerated. But then the spectrum discussions have already panned out for the government after the setbacks from the Judiciary almost a year ago.
A Jubilant Food, Titan and JP Associates move down could also signal today being the last day or the endgame of the correction as the weekend would likely be positive for the markets when they open on Monday. All in all a lazy Thursday and a reconnaissance up for markets on Friday tomorrow as they figure out any new costs of arbitrage on fundamentals as we remain part of a high interest rate economy in terms of market structure with growth concomitant with inflation and depth of market ( as opposed to nascent high-speed growth in Indonesia, Thailand and even Pakistan) coming at the cost of lower available floating stock with only 3% of the population at high tide estimates investing in equities and Domestic institutional portfolios and Asset allocation strategies well-worn with two decade old picks.
Pharmaceuticals are doing well as they are not undone by circumspection or saturation at lower levels of penetration still dogging both Discretionary and Non Discretionary consumer plays
- India Morning Report: Imported Durham Wheat and the JP Morgan BPO (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Closing Report (Week Of 12-16 November, 2012) (With Trading Strategies For The Week To Come) (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: More Fiscal uncliff, more detachment for India Inc ( Re Global Auto Sales) (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: Some New Shoots , Some Old Short Stuff..Nifty Rolls Right In 2013 (awardz.wordpress.com)
- An overdraft for a ‘special case’ (thehindu.com)
- India Morning Report: Considering the velocity of the move, it is now improbable that the bull run is yet in progress? (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: No, Don’t retreat yet, the big correction is still a “Bull Trap” (awardz.wordpress.com)