Though details are yet available till January, the rearly momentum in FDI and the now value equation in India’s Financial Markets has again meant renewed inteerest in India FDi though the buck stops at retroactive amendments and the recent clarifications on FII portfolio investments thru P-notes a s a measure of investor confidence. In the last three months of November, December and January more than $5 bln in FDI was reported despite the ongoing saga and domestic credit growth also belies expectations of a slowdown at more than 18% growth.
January FDI of $2 bln mostly Added to Services sector for $1.3 bln and Infrastructure construction projects of another $600 mln while there was also a solitary software project investment for $100 mln
That means there was no FDI in sectors like Automobiles, Power and Pharmaceuticals / Healthcare unless new projects have been added in February and March buit these sectors will also contribute further in FY2013 alongwith Financial Services and Transportation/Travel and the ongoing impetus in Infraastructure witht hte first two India infra debt funds, one with Citi and another with HSBC in play.
Ten month FDI totals have hit $37 bln and Feb and March would at least take it to $0 bln for the Fiscal.
India’s Fiscal Deficit in the meantime hit a few flood signages on way to INR 4.94 Tln for 11 months in FY12 from a INR3.68 tln for the full year in FY11 which was a humongous 68% of the Budget estimates against this years likely overshooting the Revised Estimates of INR 5.15 Tln CPI Inflation was a high 8.8% in /february and thus WPI will also climb from March and April risking the rate cuts planned in early part of the fiscal by RBI
- Happy Thursdays! Celebrating Cricket, Getting FDI to local consumption markets and growing global trade (awardz.wordpress.com)
- The 49% FDI from Foreign partners in Aviation (awardz.wordpress.com)
- India FDI: India superpower in application development (E&Y) (awardz.wordpress.com)
- 100% FDI in Single Brand Retail, Aviation and Multi Brand FDI also on the anvil (awardz.wordpress.com)
- Happy Thursdays! Private Equity (Angel) suspect of evasion, Expiry suspects losing strength (awardz.wordpress.com)
- FDI hungers for India’s growing consumer markets – What are the challenges? (awardz.wordpress.com)